Sunday, October 10, 2004

Superman Dead?

Drudge Report breaks news that Christopher Reeve has died suddenly today. If the report is true, the family will make a statement on Monday. I certainly hope it is not true, but I am sure that if it is, Reeve walks in heaven, once more.

Everyone will mention Superman and Somewhere in Time as his most well known performances. I personally loved him in The Remains of the Day. Not a huge role for him, but he is wonderful in the film (which is rather timely, now that I think about it) playing a Senator who goes to England and tries to convince British aristocracy that they should not follow the appeasement of Neville Chamberlain, but rather stay vigilant of Hitler and beware his motives.

I will continue to hope against hope that this report is untrue, though I note sadly that it is unlikely Drudge would break the news if it wasn't...

No comments: