It's the last day of the month and I'm actually getting the latest round up of film news up on time!! Those who are familiar with this recurring feature need no introduction, but for those of you who have just discovered my little abode in cyberspace, every month I like to recount the deals which have been made to produce films which are either sequels, remakes or TV show adaptations. I don't bother with the books and comics, because hey, who reads, right? This is about Hollywood's insistence on remaking things and producing sequels rather than trying to make new stories. So, let's get started!
- The Golden Age - Sequel to "Elizabeth"...in general, I'm in support of this one, but I have to admit curiousity since I don't think "Elizabeth" was a blockbuster.
- Nancy Drew: The Mystery in Hollywood Hills - this one makes the list because it has previously been a TV show. Does anyone know if Nancy has graced the big screen before?
- Madagascar 2 - Can't they just spin off the penguins into their own movie? Oh wait, they did a live action of that this year already...
- Mostly Martha - Because Americans can't be bothered to watch the original one in German. Reminds them of 'Das Boot'.
- The Star Chamber - Remake of the 1983 film. Because we've suddenly run out of new legal thrillers, we must start remaking them from 22 years ago!
- 36 - Remake of a French film "36 Quai des Orfevres." We really can't be bothered with French.
- State of Play - Remake of a British miniseries. Oh come now, it's in our own language! Now we're just lazy...or it must be the accents.
(As usual, all info courtesy of Done Deals).