Monday, December 11, 2006

AFI names top ten shows of the year

AFI TV PROGRAMS OF THE YEAR-OFFICIAL SELECTIONS

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
DEXTER
ELIZABETH I
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
HEROES
THE OFFICE
SOUTH PARK
24
THE WEST WING
THE WIRE

You gotta love it -- they name 'Battlestar' the best show of the year. I'm also thrilled to see 'Friday Night Lights' and 'Heroes' AND 'Dexter' make the list! I'd swap out 'The West Wing' for 'Lost', but I understand that there were a lot of people who felt the last year of 'The West Wing' had significantly increased in quality. I am surprised that 'House' didn't make the list. Then again, if you really want to list the best shows on TV you could easily make it a 'top 20'...

Here would be the next 10 shows I'd put on the list:

LOST
HOUSE
ROME
THE CLOSER
MONK
DR WHO
DEADWOOD
VERONICA MARS
UGLY BETTY
SCRUBS

Agree/disagree?

** interesting it included mini-series. Otherwise how to explain 'Elizabeth I' on there? And not 'Rome'??

Link AFI AWARDS 2006

(by the way, I'm having blog issues as it is converting over to the 'new' blogger. It is taking a looooong time to convert, so I hope this even shows up)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Curious for opinions - Doctor Who - specable or no?