It's the end of the month and if you are a long time reader of this blog, you know what that means...that's right, time to recap the remakes, sequels and TV adaptations announced from the studios this month. No idea is too bad to remake or too good to sequelize. So, without further ado, I give you the roundup:
- Road House 2 - The month started of weak and it wasn't until two weeks in we got our first news of a sequel, but boy what a sequel it is!
- Hollow Man 2 - Didn't realize this one needed a sequel, but apparently, I was wrong. I love that they casually mention this "might" go to home video. I'm thinking that's a definite yes.
- I Know What You Did Last Summer 3 - The best part of this sequel is coming up with a good title...I Know What You Did Two Summers Ago That Was Really Five Summers Ago. Maybe they'll just know something else someone did a previous summer...
- Summer School - I'm guess Mark Harmon will not reprise his role in the remake, which is a shame, because I think he's available.
- Untitled Smurf Movie - A SMURF MOVIE?? How did I miss this news? Stop the presses -- we must shout out to the world the smurftacular news! Smurfy!! Better yet, it's planned as a trilogy. Lord of the Smurfs, anyone (One Smurf to Rule Them All...okay, I'll stop)
- The Omen 666 - Haley Joel Osment is too old so I guess they'll have to find an unknown to play Damien.
- Voltron: Defender of the Universe - Saturday morning cartoons of the 80's had a good month!
- Charlie Chan - But, but, there's a twist, see. It's his granddaughter! Played by Lucy Liu. Can't be too un-PC if she's doing it!