Monday, November 14, 2005

People's Choice Awards are stupid.

I just looked at my options for voting in the People's Choice Awards. Just when you think the Emmys or the Oscars get it wrong, you see what comprises this year's nominees for the PCAs and realize, maybe we're too hard on the academies. Take a look:

Favorite New Comedy

  • Everybody Hates Chris
  • How I Met Your Mother
  • My Name is Earl
Favorite New Drama
  • Commander in Chief
  • Criminal Minds
  • Prison Break
Favorite TV Comedy
  • Everybody Loves Raymond
  • That 70's Show
  • The Simpsons
Favorite TV Drama
  • CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
  • Desperate Housewives
  • Law & Order: SVU
Okay, I don't disagree with the first category. I mean, at least they didn't try to sell Freddie as a favorite new comedy. I don't even take much issue with the favorite new drama list. But these Favorite existing show lists are absurd. At least the PCA overlords figured out Desperate Housewives belongs in drama, but SVU? Lost has better ratings than SVU! And I think you can make a case that people love Grey's Anatomy. So this three options in a category thing is really too limiting. Apparently we are all too stupid to pick from more than 3 things.

I'm cranky. I need a nap.

No comments: