Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Class tonight

Gearing up for class -- instructor told me in his last set of notes that my latest draft is pretty good. I've made a couple of tweaks to share with him tonight, but then I think I'm ready to go to script.

I've signed up for the summer course, just to keep my momentum going...especially while things are so topsy-turvy at work. I need something to focus on outside of that stress.

They are outsourcing at my workplace and my job is in limbo. Hopefully I'll know more in the next two weeks. This has been a long time coming and finally the hammer is falling. I wouldn't mention it, except it seems to be the overriding concern in my day to day life right now. I've always maintained that in order for this 'screenwriting thing' to work, I'd need to keep my day job. I never really planned on what to do if the day job wasn't there (besides get another one). It has me thinking about all sorts of possibilities, though the most realistic is just to find another foothold until I can get an agent/sell something. I am all about what I will do right now, I have no time to think about how much I suck or how remote the chances are that I'll succeed. Those thoughts are irrelevent. My current predicament has brought into focus what I came out to L.A. to do and I will not fail.

I just hope I don't suck. :-)

No comments: