Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Fall season update for 10/5

So two weeks ago, I laid down my predictions on which new shows will make the cut and which will be sent back into the void from which they came.

As of today, 'My Name is Earl' and 'Everybody Hates Chris' have been given full season pickups, along with 'Prison Break' which had its 'back nine' pickup last week. (Back nine refers to the last 9 episodes of a season...many shows start with a 13 episode commitment and if it takes off, they get a full season order of 22 episodes).

I'm starting to think I may have been wrong about 2 shows: I think 'Bones' and 'The Ghost Whisperer' may pull through after all. The numbers are looking good for them. On the other hand, 'The Apprentice: Martha Stewart,' 'Three Wishes,' and 'Love, Inc' look destined for the scrapheap alongside already cancelled shows 'Head Cases,' 'Sex, Lies and Secrets' and (soon to be cancelled) 'Inconceivable' (sure, it's only off for one week...right.) NBC is not having a good year so far, they have to be looking for ways to spread out the 'My Name is Earl' wealth...

Expect 'Supernatural' and 'Commander-in-Chief' to get full season pickups soon...'Criminal Minds' is looking like it may pull through and 'Invasion' is still a question mark...

More series news as it happens...

No comments: